Reading Tips for Parents:
- A love of reading begins at home.
- Your child’s success at reading starts before he/she starts school.
- Good oral language skills help develop good reading skills.
- Talk to your child and let your child talk to you.
- Good readers surround themselves with books.
- Repeated reading helps develop fluency.
- Encourage re-reading of books, of chapters, of pages, of paragraphs.
- Use the following top when choosing books for you children:
Please click on the NCCA (National Council for Curriculum and Assessment) publications below:
Stay Safe- A Parent's Guide
The Stay Safe programme is a personal safety skills programme for primary schools. Its overall objective is to prevent child abuse and other forms of child victimisation.
Please check your family's hair for lice regularly- once a week is ideal!
Visit your pharmacist for guidance on the various treatments available.
Get treatment for you or your family as soon as you find live lice.
Inform the school as soon as you find live lice.
Click the link below for more information.